Megalithic measure, also found in Malta, found its way into Judaism – some 2500 years later! The specific measure is the megalithic yard. It equals 2.72 feet. My book on sacred engineering was set into triangle on site of the featured picture. First, sacred engineering was based on the simplest number square. It is the traditional arrangement of the 3 x 3 number square pictured below. In paradox fashion, it is also the most complex.
First, a description of the megalithic yard: A Megalithic Yard (MY) is a unit of measurement of about 2.72 feet (0.83 m), that some researchers believe was used in the construction of megalithic structures. The proposal was made by Alexander Thom as a result of his surveys of 600 megalithic sites in England, Scotland, Wales and Britanny. Thom also proposed the Megalithic Rod of 2.5 MY. As subunits of these, he further proposed the Megalithic Inch of 2.073 centimetres (0.816 in), one hundred of which are included in a Megalithic Rod, and forty of which composed a Meglithic Yard.
How Megalithic Measure Comes From the Traditional Arrangement of the 3 x 3 Number Square
- As you have just read, a megalithic inch is 0.816 inches. That is a straight read across the bottom of the number square.
- A megalithic yard contains forty megalithic inches. Here’s the arithmetic: 40 x 0.816 = 32.64 inches. Next, 32.64″/12″ = 2.72 feet – or 1 MY.
- Add the 8 perimeter numbers. For fun, start with the 8-1-6 trio. As 8 + 1 + 6 + 7 + 2 + 9 + 4 + 3 = 40. That is the number of megalithic inches in the megalithic yard. The megalithic inch is literally extracted from the 3 x 3 square’s basic and apparent image.
- Plato refers to the 272 as the number of harmony in his Canon. Harmonia was the wife of Cadmus. Her name in Greek was spelled with the letters that added up to 272.
- It is a masonic number. A rod of brickwork is 272 square feet.
- The old Hatfield House in Hertfordshire, England is 272 feet long. Even though is is called “old”, it was built circa 1611. This is over 5,000 years after the Malta temple.
- The triangle in the picture below, like the featured picture, also holds my book: The Sacred Engineers’ Philosophy- the Pinnacle of Thought in the Unified Culture of Ancient Builders. The triangle on all sides, by whole or fraction, defines the basic megalithic yard of 2.72 feet.
As you can deduce, the Maltese temple at Tarxien and the English Hatfield House, built 5,000 years later, are part of the same number square tradition. This tradition once encompassed cultures worldwide in a former and lost Golden Age. I think that with their re-discovery, we are about to enter a new Golden Age of peace and plenty.
Harmony as 272 is also Built into Ancient Language
- The Hebrew word for “Hebrew” has a three letter root: ayin, reisch, veis. It means to cross or pass over; as Abraham came from Ur to start the Hebrew nation. The gematria of the three letter root in Hebrew is 272.
- The three letter word for Arab in the Hebrew language (which translates, evening) uses the same three letters, only re-arranged. Their numerical value by gematria spelled with Hebrew letters is, of course, 272.
Peace and Harmony are soon to be a natural state between all nations. Sites built by the code must be rebuilt in a new re-dedication to a new return to peace and plenty. These sites are all around the Earth. Let’s be joyful!