The Golden Age; Where is it? The ancient tradition of naming of ages the of man was documented by Hesiod, an 8th century BC Greek poet. In Work and Days, he describes five ages. These ages are cyclic: Gold, Silver, Bronze, Age of Heroes, and Iron.
- The Golden Age denotes all the good things in life: peace, harmony, stability, and prosperity. Man lives to an old age, dies peacefully and wanders about after death as a benevolent spirit.
- The Silver age was worse. Men were not only foolish and immature, but refused to worship the Deity.
- The Bronze age was far more violent. Mankind destroyed one another with bronze weapons.
- The Age of Heroes was more just. This age included some of the heroes of the Trojan War.
- The Age of Iron, which we are still in, is characterized by turmoil, strife and sadness.
Things might seem bad now, but the cycle is about to restart once more with the Golden Age. The key to the door of our new Golden Age is the tiny grain of mustard seed called the 3 x 3 number square; the smallest of number squares. We can “read”its numbers”, in a way called gematria as they did in antiquity. Often letters and numbers shared one symbol; not like most languages today that use separate symbols for numbers and letters. This tradition is buried in the past but belongs to all mankind: Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, Christian, Jewish, even Zoroaster. Here’s how to read the 3 x 3 square in Judaism. Everyone will be included in future blogs. What we have in common promotes peace and all the good things that come with it.
- 5 is the central number = 5 Books of Moses
- 10, any two opposite numbers = 10 Commandments
- 40, totals 8 numbers around #5= days and nights Moses was on Mt Sinai to receive the law
- 15, total of any row of 3 numbers=the gematria of the shortest name of God, “Yah” (yud (10) , hei (5)
- 20, the four corners or 4 inner numbers total 20 = the gematria of the double “Yud”, another spelling of the Holy name.
- 120, totals the fact that 15 can be found in 8 different ways by adding 3 numbers in a row: (3 sets vertically, 2 sets diagonally and 3 sets horizontally)=the years of the life of Moses.