An Untold Story of Liberace and Mischa Kottler. Piano lessons with Mischa Kottler had many benefits. His waiting list for instruction was incredibly long. It often took two years to be accepted. If accepted, his schedule was so full, often your lesson would be cancelled. But, Kottler was the best instructor available by far. In addition:
- He was the official pianist of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra. Often he would be touring with the symphony orchestra
- He was the head of the staff of piano instruction at Wayne State University
- WWJ radio became an NBC affiliate in March of 1948. They carried only the network’s news programs. They also produced their own entertainment shows. That’s how Mischa Kottler at the Piano with Detroit Symphony pianist Mischa Kottler began,
- He taught dozens of private students.
- Kottler told me that his piano practice was 10 PM to 2 AM daily. Seven days a week. He played piano well into his 90’s
SO HOW DOES LIBERACE TIE INTO ALL OF THIS?
Minute Waltz (Mischa Kottler Version) – YouTube (to be amazed beyond words, click on Mischa for youtube)