Gasparilla Inn Pianist for a 12th Year
December 20, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - April 4, 2021 @ 9:30 pm
Gasparilla Inn Pianist for a twelfth straight year. There is something about older, well-kept places with tradition and great appeal that works for me. My profession: Composer/pianist. Even my profession that is old. In Beethoven’s time, all composers were expected to also be accomplished pianists.
You can start your evening in the elegant lounge just to the left of the piano. There I set a fun tone with authentic ragtime
Gasparilla Inn Pianist
My favorites for dining include:
- Selections by Henry Mancini.
- Movie music written by Michel Legrande.
- Ragtime written many great American writers.
- Irving Berlin music like “Always.”
- Fun country songs and music from the Wild West.
- Mozart’s Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, complete score for piano.
- Pachelbel’s Canon in D.
But what does everyone ask for at the Inn? Frank Sinatra. He did not necessary write anything but he sang with so much style, people see him as an originator of music. Sinatra sang with what seemed like the greatest ease. Frank, however, practiced incredibly to get his beautiful sound. I have the same goals on the Steinways: To draw the most beautiful tone from the keys as possible.