Full Musical Lifetime is a Blessing and a Half. Imagine:
- Being discovered as a violin student at the Warsaw Conservatory under the direction of Paderewski.
- The famed conductor/composer of operettas who discovers you is Victor Herbert. At the time of discovery, Herbert, on a Sabbatical, was the conductor of the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra. He was a German-raised American composer, cellist and conductor.. He is best known for composing many successful operettas that premiered on Broadway from the 1890s to World War I. He was also prominent among the tin pan alley composers. Later he was a founder of the American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers (ASCAP).
- Image being able to apprentice your craft with under the guidance of this great man.
- Every Sunday night Rubinoff was able to meet the most prominent singers and musicians in America. Victor Herbert had weekly musical soirées at his home. There, Rubinoff got to meet the likes of the great tenor -Caruso, Mme. Schumann Heink, and John Philip Sousa.
- John Philip Sousa secured a grant from the US State Department so Rubinoff could take his music to the public schools.
Full Musical Lifetime Included Me for some 15 years
Now by a great happenstance, one of our concerts was recently found. My daughter posted it on youtube. Dave Rubinoff was eighty-six years of age at the time. His Stradivarius violin is set with the official crest of the Russia Empire in solid gold set with diamonds and rubies. Riches followed this man for his great contributions to America. Some years, in the 1930’s, he grossed as much as $500,000.00. Rubinoff truly is a rags to riches story. As you will hear, even in his older years, his playing was remarkable. Now you see why I titled this post: Full Musical Lifetime is a Blessing and a Half. Please feel free to share this miracle with friends.
For those of you who missed our recent Rubinoff and His Violin Concert in June of 2018, here’s a montage of some of the highlights! When was the last time you heard music of this calibur? https://youtu.be/P96T57dq8t0