Balanced Measurement Historically by Fives and Sixes. I know. You are thinking the title is beyond logic. “Five and six what”, you ask? A quick response: Words favor the left side of the brain. Left-sided thinking dominates most of our culture. Math and music use the right side. That’s where this blog is coming from- the right side. I refer you to chapter six of The City of Revelation. Michell entitles the chapter- ” Sacred Geometry: The Plan of the Holy City.” In that chapter we find Mayananda’s drawing of a lily and rose. At one time the rose and lily were thought to be polar opposites. Here are some of his included highlights:
- Five represents the strong petals of the rose. It has 13 weaker petals.
- Six represents the petals of a lily.
- Five has historically been the number of humanity. It is the core number of the ratio called “phi”.  It favors ratios of life including those found throughout the human frame.
- Six was associated with inanimate nature, like the snowflake.
- Five was the footprint of the pentagon.
- Six was the mark of the hexagon
- Thus. five was considered yin. Six was thought of as yang.
So Where are the Ancient balanced Measurement Units?
Below is a list of balanced measurement units used in antiquity:
- 6/5 = 1.2 An Egyptian remen is 1.2165 feet (It gets better in a moment).
- 6 x 5/6 + 5 = 2.727272…A megalithic yard is 2.72 feet.
- 6 x 6 x 6/5 x 5 x 5 = 1.728. The larger Egyptian cubit is 1.728 feet.
- 6²/5² – 1.44. One hundred and forty four is a Fibonacci number.
- 6 x 6 x 6 x 6 / 5 x 5 x 5 x 5 = 2.0736. Approximates the Palestinian cubit of 2.107 feet.
- (6 to the 6th power) / (5 to the sixth power) = 2.979…This is close to the three feet of the English yard.
- Very important for Central America and the Mexican Pyramid of the Sun: The key unit of measure was the “hunab.” (See Peter Tompkins Mysteries of the Mexican Pyramids). The hunab is 3.41 feet. Again, the invaluable fives and sixes: (5 x 5 x 5) + (6 x 6 x 6) = 341. I took this information from a previous blog called “Measure Proves a Pre Genesis Citadel in Mexico.”
- 341 refers to world before Genesis. Here’s how: The name of the pre-creation God was Emesh אֶ֣מֶשׁ: “Laban said unto Jacob: The God of your fathers, Emesh, said to me…” In Hebrew “Emesh” literally means “yesternight.” Reference Genesis (31:29). Letters doubled as numbers in middle eastern languages. There were no separate numbers apart from letters. Here are the letters in Hebrew with their representative numbers.
- אֶ֣מֶשׁ – Alef = 1; Mem = 40; shin = 300. Total is 341.
- אֶ֣מֶשׁ- The three Hebrew letters of Emesh are the the “mother” of all the Hebrew letters. This total is merely another fusion of fives and sixes. In the Hebrew language these three letters are the classification heading for the the remaining 19 letters.
Conclusion: A rose and a lily are easy for all to enjoy. Also numbers 5 and 6 are easy to understand. But we need to know what this meant to the ancient, even pre-Genesis civilizations. This blog is merely a glimpse into the mindset of those who knew of this in antiquity.