Remen Measure was Known by Moses. According to the Hebrew Bible, he was adopted by an Egyptian princess. Later in life became the leader of the Israelites and lawgiver. He is generally credited with the authorship of the Torah, or acquisition of the Torah. His position in Egypt gave him access to knowledge possessed by the higher echelons of royalty. He knew source of the remen, in at least two different mathematical ways, is the 3 x 3 number square.
Canon of measures Archives – DSO Works
1.2165 feet = 1 remen
1.2165 feet x √2 = 1.72 feet – one royal cubit
1.2165 feet x √3 = 2.107 feet- one Palestinian cubit
1.2165 feet x √4 = 2.43 feet – one Roman pace
1.2165 feet x √5 = 2.72 feet – one megalithic yard etc., up to…
Here is the 1st approach to the Remen measure:
- Add the numbers around the central 5 (I term these numbers p1 which stands for perimeter one). The eight numbers total 40.
- Then add them two at the time overlapping the numbers. I call this p-2. This stands for perimeter two: 49 + 92 + 27 + 76 + 61 + 18 + 83 + 34 = 440. Now take the number three at the time.
- Add them 3 at the time. Overlap the corners. I call this p-3. This stands for perimeter three: 492 + 276 + 618 + 834 = 2,220. Then (p-1) is 40 + (P-2) is 440 + ( P-3) 2,220 = 2700.
- Finally, divide the 2700 total of p1 + p2 + p3 by/ p3(2220): Thus, 40 + 440 + 2220/2220 = 1.2162…virtually one Egyptian remen.
2nd Approach to Arriving at the Remen Measure
Add the numbers on the square above three at the time. Do this vertically and horizontally as follows:
- Horizontally: (492 + 618) + (357 + 753) + (816 + 294) = 3330.
- Vertically: (438 + 672) + (951 + 159) + (438 + 672) = 3330.
Next, total the single numbers, 1 to 9, in the number square:
- 1 + 2 + 3+ 4+ 5+ 6+ 7+8 + 9 = 45.
- Take the sum of the vertical and horizontal totals given above: 3330 + 3330 = 6660, Then divide 6660 by the 45 total. The quotient is 148. The square root of 148 is exactly the numbers of 10 Egyptian remens by number= 12.165…
For the 2nd way, 148 is the key number. So, how does this tie into Moses? In Hebrew Passover is spelled פסח. The 1st letter (pei) is the glyph for 80. The 2nd (sameck) is the glyph for 60. The third (chet) represents 8. Thus, 80 + 60 + 8 = 148. Passover and the remen measure are thus tied together.
How did I learn to work the mathematical intricacies of the 3 x 3 number square? From an American Indian spirit on Oquaga Lake. She was of the Lennie Lenape tribe. On walks in the Oquaga Lake area, the spirit communicated ancient secrets to me. The tribe once lived around the lake. I was the house piano player at Scott’s Oquaga Lake House.