Triad Trinity and Temples Play Tick-Tack-Toe. Musical Temples Become a Reality in Tick Tack Toe Design. Here’s how: Right below is a blurry picture of the tick tack toe board blueprint that includes the basis of both the Holy Temples in Jerusalem. The First Temple based on the middle row of 3 vertical boxes. That corresponds to the pictured middle, vertical row of the C – E – G triad. On the 3 x 3 number square, that relates to 9-5-1. The Second Temple was built to include the entire nine-boxed tick tack toe board. The 2nd temple extends the dimensions of the 1st to the left and right of 9-5-1. The First Temple was 60 x 20 cubits. According to the Tanach (Hebrew for Bible), he 2nd temple becomes 60 x 60 cubits.
Judaism and much of the beliefs of sacred antiquity springs from this 3 x 3 board. It becomes apparent when the boxes are filled with numbers one to nine arranged so that any row of three totals 15. These 9 boxes, in a parallel way can also hold the 9 tones of the primary triads that define a key.The triad trinity is named (Vertically left to right) tonic, dominant and sub dominant. In the key of “C”, the tonic is C-E-G. It rests on the central vertical row of the number square pictured below. Thus:
- The triple-boxed shape of the 1st Temple is likened to the middle 9-5-1 row of the 3 x 3 square.
- The dominant of G-B-D occupies the same position as the 2-7-6 to the right.
- The sub-dominant of F-A-C. occupies the same position as 4-3-8 to the left.
When used in combination, a triad trinity can be seen as outlining the boundaries of the 2nd Temple. They also define the primary triads of C major. The grid can hold the three primary triads of any key signature. These three key defining triads comprise 9 tones altogether.
Triad Trinity is, Top to Bottom and Vertically Left to Right- Sub Dominant, Tonic, Dominant
So Where else in the Grid Do We Find the Concept of Musical Temples?
- The same grid that was the foundation of the two Jerusalem Temples sets the basic diatonic musical interval of the fifth by vibrations per second. They are A-440 and E- 660. Take the numbers two at the time. Go around the perimeter either way. Here is how to find the A-440: 49 + 92 + 27 + 76 + 61 + 18 + 83 + 34 = 440. Here is how to find the E- 660. You get the same sum either vertically or horizontally. (49 + 35 + 81) + reversed as 94 + 53 + 18) + from the other side: (29 + 75 + 61) + and again reversed (92 + 57 +16) = 660.
- The basic musical interval from which ancient and modern musical systems is the musical 5th. Our more modern music uses key signatures of the Circle of Fifths. Ancient music used individual tones derived by the actual fifth. The key or core number of the 3 x 3 number square is 5. Any other number placed in the center destroys its symmetry. This is the basis of its sacred order.
So How Did I Discover This Approach to the Trinity of Triads?
There is an American Indian spiritual presence on Oquaga Lake in the Catskill Mountains. For years I had been the piano player at Scott’s Oquaga Lake House. This spirit would accompany me on walks in wilderness. I call on it by the name of the Oquaga Spirit. On my product page of DSOworks I have some 80 of her poems. It is called, The Oquaga Spirit Speaks. I also have a free thumbnail of me reading the spirit’s poetry. It is on the front page. Here is a sample couplet: If it’s life you wish to live and enjoy to the marrow, then get thee a walking stick and hear the morning sparrow.